Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Red Chalkboard

Happy Wednesday!  I recently found this print and frame at a local thrift store for $3 and thought it would be perfect for a chalkboard.  I do have a "love" for chalkboards.....and I also LOVE quotes and it's a great place to display them. The frame and print were in decent condition....nothing that a little chalkboard paint and spray paint couldn't enhance.  Here is my before picture....

First off....I gave the frame a good cleaning and then taped off the glass portion of it and sprayed the frame with a "barn" red color.  After a couple of coats of spray paint, I began working on the glass portion.  I first of all primed the glass and then painted three coats of chalkboard paint on it.  I was extremely patient with this project, as there is a lot of wait time on the drying of the chalkboard paint and then an extra three days before you can actually use it.  However, here she is and I think she was worth all the waiting around time.  Here is my after picture.....
Make it a great day!
Jackie
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment