Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Red and Aqua

Good evening!! Usually I try to get this post up in the morning but the day got away from me, seems like that is how summer days go. Also it doesn't help when you have a crabby six month old. :) All that aside I want to share with you a piece of furniture that I recently finished. I decided to paint it red, which in my eyes was a huge transformation, but of course I wasn't content with that. So I wanted to antique it with some light blue paint, or aqua. I love those two colors together. I then took some old vintage wall paper that I purchased at the flea market this spring and put it on the top. When I put the paper on the top I decided I liked it better without the railing so I left that off to update the piece. Last but not least I added a pull to the front because when it was missing when I bought it. I think the finished product came together well. I can't wait to do my next project with the same two colors. I think they complement each other. I hope you have a fabulous night!!




Linked up to:
Pin It!

23 comments:

  1. so pretty! red and aqua is such a fun and classic combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I liked how the color combo turned out as well.

      Delete
  2. Nice color choice!! Looks so fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table looks GREAT in red! I bet it makes a fabulous accent piece in your home.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I did find a good place for it.

      Delete
  4. Excellent color choice!

    Popped in from Time Travel Thursday.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the transformation... from drab to fab! Love it much better without the railing on top, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I also did like it much better without the railing.

      Delete
  6. Pretty! Love the color you picked! And it's so hard to get things done with your little one to take care of, so great job getting some crafts done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! :) You must have some little ones at home as well to understand.

      Delete
  7. Love this! It would look wonderful in my son/daughter's room (poor kids have to share). I would never have thought to antique it with aqua. Brilliant! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little table and I love the color. Just fantastic! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Boogieboard. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-10.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn!! Thanks so much for stopping by. I linked up to your party. Thanks so much for hosting. :)

      Delete
  9. Fabulous color choices! My favorite! It's so cute. I have a pair of chairs that it would look perfect between...I'd love for you to share it at my linky party, Twirl & Take a Bow at www.houseontheway.com. It's every Tuesday. Hope you can stop by!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the idea of putting in between two chairs. Thanks for stopping by...I stopped by and linked up to your party. Thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  10. Perfect table! I'd love for you to share at my party...it just opened! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Aimee...I just joined your party!! :)

      Delete
  11. Love this piece. Such a cute shape and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute piece ...with tons of personality:)
    New follower, Francine

    ReplyDelete