Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Shutter Love

It is Tuesday morning and March is back in full swing around here. The 80 degree weather has decided to leave us again for a while. Hopefully not too long, I was really starting to get used to it. Today I am going to share with you another use for a shutter. When we moved into our house I didn't realize how large and dark my fireplace was. I had a terrible time trying to lighten it up and make use of the space on my mantle. I took an old shutter that my sister had painted for me and put it up as a backsplash. Since then I have not taken it down because I love how it takes up space and lightens up the entire area. There are many different ways to use shutters in your home, I just love how this turned out. Here are the before and after pictures. Have a fabulous day!! Jessica

linked up to:
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. Really adds color, brightens the space and brings added texture and dimension to your space! Saw this on Tip me Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way it turned out too! Great job. I'm glad I found your blog at The Shady Porch party. I'm a new follower too, so I can keep in touch. I would love if you stopped by and followed back on LF and GFC. Nice to meet you, Lori

    ReplyDelete