Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Fan"tastic

Good morning!! Today is going to be a wonderful day. I woke up to the sun shining and I think that it is going to be close to 70 degrees! For all of us that live in Michigan we welcome that weather in March with open arms. I am loving it! It's enough to jump out of bed in the morning and feel ambitious. So here I am feeling ambitious and about to share with you a quick fix for a light fixture. Originally I was just going to get rid of this fan and put up a cute chandelier. I hated the thought of losing the fan though, especially on the hot, spring, muggy days. So I decided to do what my mom and dad had done and paint the fan blades to see what it would look like. I figure what do I have to lose. Anyhow after replacing the original bulb cover, as you can see in the pictures, and painting the blades this is how it turned out. I was pleased and think that I will leave it up for a while. The light bulb cover on this fan was replaced with something we had dug up from our basement. I like how it looked on the fan instead of the old one.
That's it for now, I hope you all have a great Wednesday and enjoy the weather! I know I will! Jessica 

Linked up to:
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't look like the same fan...nice makeover! I like the white and the new cover. Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share.

    ReplyDelete