Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lace Trimmed Skirt

Good evening!! I am not sure where my Wednesday has gone. I think this is one of my busiest days of the week! I am going to share with you another sewing project that I have completed for my daughter. I FINALLY am getting into sewing after owning a sewing machine for a couple years. :) I think my husband was wondering why he ever bought one for me. Now that I have a little girl to sew for it is so much fun! I am getting excited for a little spring break trip coming up in a couple weeks so I decided to try out a little skirt for her. It was really basic and pretty simple. I used about a 1/4 of a yard of some cute fabric that I purchased awhile back. I am famous for storing bits and pieces of fabric...after all you never know when you are going to use them. I also had some leftover lace that I had used on a different project and thought that it might add a little "cuteness" to this skirt. I think in the end the lace was a great addition.  I basically just sewed the two ends of the fabric together and then made a casing for the elastic. From that point I sewed the lace on so it ruffled at the bottom and inserted the elastic at the top. Nothing too complicated about this skirt...hopefully I can whip out a few more before we head out of town. :)

 
 
I just loved the way she was posing for me!! Not really posing...just the way she was standing as I was snapping away. She didn't even seem to notice me...which was probably a good thing. :)
 

 
I just love the chubby little legs and feet....
 
 
 
 
Finally she had enough moving around and plopped her little bum on the table. I hope you all have a great rest of your week!
 
 
Shared at these Parties:
 
 
 
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet...I think the skirt and model are both precious! Enjoy your spring break! Thanks for sharing at the Rock N Share!

    ReplyDelete