Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Shabby Wreath

Hi all!! I hope your weekend is going great! Mine has seemed to fly by before my eyes. I am not sure where it is even going. It's Saturday evening and I am just getting around to blogging!! I am going to share with you a quick and easy project to transform a regular old wreath form. I found the idea for this wreath forever ago and have been meaning to try it for some time. It is not exactly the same as what I saw because I think that they used burlap and I myself just used some leftover scraps of linen. I found a bunch of these wreaths at a garage sale and I didn't know what to do with them. As you know though the Internet is a wonderful place to find some great, creative ideas to try yourself!

So I cut up a bunch of strips of this old linen material I found in my box of treasures in the basement and made them into flowers. I then glued them onto the wreath form and added a few pearls that I cut up from a long strand of them that my daughter loves to play with. She loves to shake them around and carry them all over the house. It cracks me up how girly girl she is already! Anyhow this is how it turned out. If you wanted you could make the flowers all over the wreath but I liked how it looked just on one side of it. I hope you have a great weekend!!

 



 
Linked to these parties:
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment