Friday, April 20, 2012

A splash of pink

Thank goodness it's Friday right? I don't know how you all feel but I know that by the time Friday rolls around I am ready for the weekend!! On that note, weekends are usually my time to go out and hit up a few garage sales. This piece was actually out of a barn. I think they were really surprised that I wanted it. I loved everything about this piece and thought that it could be useful in so many different ways. So I took it home with me and this is what I did to fix it up.
Here is what it looked like before...hopefully you can see what drew me to it. I loved the handles on the sides and how the top opened with a hinge. It could be used as a toy box, something to hold old pictures, photo albums, treasures, etc. Just use your imagination and it can be used for whatever you may come up with. :)


For some reason the color pink would not get out of my head. Of course I was not thinking a soft pink, I was thinking bright, energetic, and something really girly since it was such a rustic, masculine piece before. So I went with my first instincts and painted it this bright, fabulous pink. I then sprayed the handles and hinges black since they were a little rusted. I added a bird to the top and scraped up the edges to let the old gray shine through. I am very pleased with the transformation and can't wait till my little girl can fill it with her own treasures someday. :) Enjoy your weekend!! Jessica

Linked to:
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like the pink in my 13 year old daughters bedroom. It looks great! It is certainly girly now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look great in a girls room. I have to decide where I would like to put it. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun to see the transformation.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for stopping by and seeing us!

    ReplyDelete