Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Old Shirt to New Dress

So I have been using my sewing machine a little bit these past couple weeks.  I am trying to get a little better.  Every time I realize things look a little nicer, I suppose that is what happens:).  Well especially the things I have made for my little girl.  I have to say girls are super easy in the clothes department, skirts, dresses, flowers etc.  Anyway back to the point, I have a cute t-shirt that my sister Jackie made for my little girl.  It just got too short on her, but it has a cute A that she fabric painted on.  So instead of getting rid of it, I just cut it off and added a cute fabric skirt on it.  It was fun to do, I am sure everyone has seen these all over the blogs.  I have done these a few times, but this time I added a waist band that brings it all together.  So what do you think?


Before:

After:




Sorry about the pictures...My little girl always tries to pose and ends up moving so pictures are kinda impossible for me. 

Until next time  Kim





Linked to:  FunkyPolkaDotGiraffe  Sumosweetstuff  craftomaniac  thecreativeitchboutique  itssoverycheri  brassyapple  ladybug-blessings  serendipityandspice.  singingthreelittlebirds  notjustahousewife  amy-newnostalgia  hopestudios  blackberryvine  brassyapple  pinkapotamus  madincrafts  makingtheworldcuter  thegirlcreative  typeadecorating heatherlyloves  bluecricketdesign  lilluna  uncommondesignsonline  somewhatsimple  katiesnestingspot  craftyscrappyhappy  delightfulorder  savedbylovecreations  thrifty101
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you...i am trying to sew more for her, pretty soon she won't think it is so fun!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to re-purpose a tee-shirt. Love it! Found you on Brassy Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! You're being featured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so cute! I love the colors together, too! Thanks for sharing it with us this week! Can't wait to see what you will be up to next! :)

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know who doesn't like pink right? so fun for girls!!

      Delete