Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paint by number owl?


So what do you think of this beauty?  I found it a garage sale in the free box.  My daughter kept telling me that we need a owl at our house cause big Grandpa has one.  So score right?  My husband told me it looked like a paint by numbers that someone did.  I do agree with him very blue and orange right?




  The price tag on the bottom said 10 dollars, now call me crazy but that is a pretty penny for this old thing.  Obviously no one was attracted to that price.  For free it looks pretty good though!  Anyway a coat of spray paint and some stain to get into the crevices and this ugly owl cleaned up pretty good.  I love things that aren't too big too, because it is easier to switch things up, move things around and it looks like new again. 








I also scored some shelves at this garage sale, I can't wait to show you.  Not for free though, but I think worth the price.  My dear husband actually has to help me hang these things though....a little too heavy for me.  Until next time...Kim

Linked to:  serendipityandspice  sweetlittlegals  athomewithk  kammyskorner  jillifyit  debbiecreations  hopestudios  diyhshp  apinchofjoy  bystephanielynn  sewcando  raisingoranges  craftomaniac  whitelightsonwednesday  thediydreamer  mygirlishwhims southernlovely  polkadotsonparade  thecraftyblogstalker  aglimpseinsideblog  savedbylovecreations  thriftydecorating-nikkiw  pincushioncreation
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Great job! But you know what's really crazy? I did the Exact. Same. Thing. It was a creepy ceramic owl that said "Mexico" on the bottom, and I spray painted it white. Needless to say, the coincidence made me giggle--great minds think alike, right? Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! I love the white owl! Thanks so much for linking up at Jillify It!

    Hope you have a fabulous week!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl! Especially for free! It's amazing what a little white paint can do. :-) Found you through At Home With K. I'm now following and look forward to seeing more of your creative projects!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following!! Amazing what paint can do

      Delete
  4. I had to laugh when I saw the orange talons in the first picture. Your owl looks so sophisticated now. (Newest follower.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owls are so popular right now. Love the makeover. Your hubby was right ;) Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love owls! I have two right now that I got from a thrift store that I need to spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve the before and after -- surely no owl ever looked like that in the wild with bright orange beak and talons! Definitely an improvement in the "after". Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he looks so much better! More majestic. And for free? Gotta love that price tag!

    ReplyDelete