Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Parmesan Peppercorn French Bread

So here is a recipe that is nice for having a fresh loaf of bread to go with dinner.  Sometimes I have to admit the easier the recipe the more I am drawn to it.  I also have to admit I really love the bread machine for doing all the manual labor.



The finished product is really good.  I feel as if you could be more liberal with the pepper.  It is up to you how much you want to taste it.  Also you can use freshly grated Parmesan which would probably be delicious especially Parmesan reggiano!  For me I always just use what I have so if I have the really good cheese it goes in.


Also when you are looking at the pics....please excuse the nice counter tops I have going on.  I have to say the bread makes them look nice though right?

I make the Medium Loaf Size.....1 1/2 lbs.

1 c. of water (warm)
3 T. olive oil
1 tsp. of salt
3 c. of flour (bread or all-purpose)
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 1/4 tsp. yeast

Place in that order in the bread machine, put on the dough cycle.  When done, take out and knead on a floured surface just to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.  Grease your bread pan and let rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes.  Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees, until nice and golden brown.
Serve with butter and whatever is for dinner in your house!

This post is linked to Get Your Craft on Tuesday.....at Todays Creative Blog.
and also Home Stories A2Z

Enjoy,
Kim

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want a bread machine! Would love it if you stopped by my linky party and linked up!
    -Melissa
    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete