Friday, October 19, 2012

Got music paper?

Good morning and happy Friday to all of you! I hope everyone had a great week filled with fun projects, crafts, adventures, etc. I know that I did and I am kind of happy that it is Friday, although the weekend looks like it is going to be just as busy! Good times though! This project wasn't difficult or time consuming, but I had so much fun doing it. I saw a blog on covering dollar store pumpkins with paper and I just LOVED it. I have actually seen the idea on a few different blogs but the one that most stuck with me was over at simplychictreasure.blogspot.com. I just adored it so I had to run to the dollar store and pick up some of these little, cute pumpkins and try one of my own.

I did a few things just a little different. First of all I tore music paper out of a book and glued it on the pumpkin using a mixture of glue and water. After letting it dry I took some dark stain and rubbed it all over the pumpkin to attempt to give it a more antiqued look. For the top I covered it with twine and added an old earring that I found in my box of treasures (that were purchased from an auction and I thought I would never have any use for) and stuck it in the top to add just a little bit more. I have made a few more and have them around my house. It's a fun, quick and easy project for anyone to try. Have a great weekend!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment