Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Just a splash of yellow

Happy 4th of July!!! I hope you all enjoy your day and find something special to do to celebrate this wonderful day!! I am going up to my parent's cottage for a couple days..I am so excited!! I always love a trip to the lake, providing my baby does well on the car ride. :)
Today I am going to share with you a quick and easy project that I recently completed and now have hanging on my walls. The color of it was what really made me happy. I never thought I would enjoy having a bright yellow in my house, although I was pleased with the transformation and glad that I went with that color.
I bought this wall hanging from a garage sale for a few bucks. There is actually two of them...but I figured one by itself was large enough for the wall I wanted to put it on. I wanted something more bright and fun for my wall. The gold, as you can see on the before picture, wasn't really appealing to me for this particular piece. So I decided to try it yellow and I think it looks great against my green walls. I think I will keep it hanging for awhile, or at least until something else catches my eye. :)

Linked -
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That yellow looks great against your wall! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia!! I was happy with the result.

      Delete
  2. I don't normaly go for yellow but it's a beautiful accent colour against your walls.
    Maria Crafty Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I don't normally go for yellow either, but I thought a bright color would really add something to the space. :)

      Delete