Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Shabby Look for and Old Lampshade Form

Thank goodness it's Thursday.  A day closer to Friday and than the weekend starts and all the remakes begin......What fun....Found an old lampshade with the old wire in it and I began to tear all the old covering off that was discolored and torn.  The metal was in very good shape so I decided to paint the metal a pink color which I thought would lend itself to a Shabby look.  Check out the before picture.  Than I decided to wrap it with a shimmery cream netting and some cream ribbon.  I cut the netting into different lengths along with the ribbon and just knotted it where it ended and started.  I think it gave a really shabby look that lends itself nicely to an old vintage lamp that my husband rewired for me.  What do you think?  I think it is a fun look that is shabby and green at the same time...Talk about recycling.......Here is the after picture.......



Thanks for looking....Dianne.

Linking to these awesome parties:

                                                                       
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment