Saturday, March 23, 2019

Hi Guys-

Here we go again by saying that we are back.  Life has been a series of huge changes for me and my family and we are trying to get back on our feet.  We have lost our main stay in the family along with weddings and births.  Many happy and one that has left us reeling.  We have had blessings and sorrows and are trying to keep one foot in front of the other.  So in other words here we go again. 
Still have been painting and keeping our little booth open with it and decided to paint a banged up metal tool box with a handle and give it a little pizzazz. Here is a picture of before and what I had to work with:
 It had been spray painted by me and thought it would look cute and cheery as maybe a plant holder.  Needless to say it didn't sell so I thought I would try again.  I bought some molds at a vintage store in Holly and thought I would add some of the cute designs to a re-painted box.  Easy to make and it was done with an air drying clay.


 Made these swirls and flowers and decided to paint the box and I wanted to glue these on the outside of the box but before I did I had to paint it all over again and this time I did it with chalk paint. Started painting with a sponge all over with a dark gray and white paint and at the same time left some of the yellow coming thru until I got the look I wanted.

 




 Than I started gluing the plaster pieces on.  Started painting them a dark gray to show up.




 



I decided they need to show up a little more so I brushed white chalk paint just over the top of them and this was my new revamped piece with some plaster pieces on it.  Love it.  It's a little bit more shabby and pretty than before.



So what do you think? Love or not?

How about some hydrangea's in it?  Fun little arrangement.

So until next time.......Dianne




























Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment