Friday, December 27, 2013

Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars

A little belated Merry Christmas, everyone.  I hope this finds you happy and very blessed with a wonderful holiday.  Our family had a very nice Christmas with a few coughs and sniffles along the way, but we still got together and shared a lot of laughs and special moments together.  Our family is getting larger with the birth of  our twin grandbabies, they are such a miracle and a wonderful present for Grandpa and Grandma.  Well, I have a little post to share with you.  I have been making these ribbon stars for quite a few years.  I am a School Bus Driver and I make these stars every year for my elementary children that I drive everyday.  Here are the stars or at least some of them:


I make them out of ribbon that I find at Michael's or Joann's or even left over ribbon from the Christmas before.  I was taught by one of my fellow bus drivers that was so talented and creative. 
 This year I had 2 elementary runs so I had to make 144 ribbon stars.  When I am done folding and twisting and tucking the ribbon I poke a small hole in one of the ends and string them with fishing line and make a loop(so the children can hang them on their tree) and I hang them from the ceiling of the bus.

 I try to make a variety of colors because they all want different colors and then I don't get bored.


 I have been doing this every year and I get a request from my older elementary children asking me if I am going to make them their stars this year.  They have told me that every year they hang their older stars on the tree.
 Here is what it looks like hanging from the front of the bus to the rear of the bus.  It does really like pretty and very holiday looking.  It does occupy the children's attention because they sit there at times and try to decide which star they want because they do usually get the one they want.
So, that was what I was doing before Christmas for the little ones on my bus.  So, what do you think?
Until next time, Dianne.................


Linked to these Parties:
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment